This week’s featured client works for Harper Supply in Fort Worth, Texas.
Meet Cherie Harris!
Cherie loves her job at Harper and is full of life. She takes pride in her work, which is why we chose to feature her in this week’s Woman Crush Wednesday post!
A word from Cherie:
I work for Harper Supply LLC. I have been with the company almost a year. We love to care for our customers and provide them the best specialty building maintenance chemicals and supplies ever.
Cherie is happily married and has three dogs and three cats. She really lives every day to the fullest.
Know someone we should pick for our featured client? Would you like to be featured? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch! We love learning more about our clients and sharing their businesses!
“The CRT Tipster” is an HVAC tips and news blog owned by Controlled Release Technologies, Inc. We are a chemical manufacturing company based in Shelby, N.C., and have been creating products for HVAC maintenance since 1986. Read more at cleanac.com! Got a question? Contact us toll free at 1-800-766-9057.
About Harper Supply
Harper Supply LLC offers a variety of specialized solutions for Industrial and Commercial Building and Maintenance needs. Working for you, Harper Supply LLC is constantly seeking the most effective, efficient and environment-friendly “Green Products” to solve your cleaning problems.
Have you ever thought about how dirty your carpet is? What’s more, have you thought about the bacteria living in your carpet? Are you curious about what’s right under your feet, or swirling in the air around you? If so, read on!
According to 50 Random Facts About…Carpet:
- The virus that causes the stomach flu can survive on uncleaned carpet for over a month!
- Every year, several pounds of soil can accumulate in and under carpet.
- Did you know that the 5-second rule is a myth? Bacteria can live for four WEEKS on carpet. AND thanks to microbial adhesion, germs like salmonella are immediately transferred to food that gets dropped on the floor.
- All carpet should be professionally cleaned a minimum of every 12 to 18 months.
- When properly cleaned and maintained, carpeting may improve the quality of air by trapping allergy-inducing dust and allergens. Most people, though, don’t clean their carpets correctly, which can actually make allergies worse.
You may be wondering, what do these random facts have to do with my HVAC system?
- Much like the carpet being a place for bacteria to adhere to, an HVAC system is the perfect place for bacteria or allergens that can harm you or your family. How does that affect you? The air you breathe comes right out of your heating and air unit.
- Have you taken a look at your coils lately to see how clean they are? You are breathing the dirt, debris, hair, dander, particles and bacteria that are present on your coils because the air gets pushed through your coil, into your ductwork, and eventually into your home or building.
- Take it a step further – check the bottom of your drain pan. Do you see any build-up? That’s the condensation off of your coil. What you see in the bottom of that pan came from the coil. THAT’S what you and your family are breathing.
- If you’re concerned about your carpet holding viruses or bacteria, you should be just as concerned about what your HVAC system is harboring! Professionals suggest having your AC unit maintenanced every year, usually at the beginning of spring.
Last but not least:
- When properly cleaned and maintained, clean coils and drip pans will improve the quality of air in your home! But just as with carpet, many people don’t get them cleaned. That results in poor air quality and a shortened life for your HVAC unit.
Think about it! To keep you and your family healthy, it just might help to leave your shoes at the door, get your carpet cleaned and get your HVAC system maintenanced by a licensed HVAC professional. It’s never too early to start!