- Review your goals set for the previous year. Did you accomplish all your goals set? If so, fantastic! If not, can you add the goals not accomplished to your list this year? Also, evaluate how you accomplished the goals you did reach. In what ways were you successful? Where did you lack in the goals you were unsuccessful with? What held you back from topping each individual task set?
- Make a plan for 2012. What do you want to celebrate accomplishing by the beginning of 2013? Set forth reasonable, reachable goals. You want to set forth tasks that you or your company fight to reach, but not so much that the task is unattainable. Develop your plan then write down these goals because you are more likely to achieve them.
- Have the “Same Vision.” At CRT, we consider ourselves “One Big Happy Family.” We all work together to reach the same goals, and we do so in a positive manner. We each have our own job, and each bring something different to the table, but always strive towards the “Same Vision.” Is everyone in your company reaching for the same goals? Work as a team to reach them, stay focused, positive, and remain as one unit. Remember, “There is always strength in numbers”
- Set a timeline in order to achieve the goals set forth. By doing so, you should be able to adequately reach the task in a timely manner. Give yourself a date in which you wish to have your goal accomplished. Let’s not procrastinate this year!
- Monitor your success and failure throughout the year. Keep a record of what goals you reach throughout this year. It may not be the end of 2012 yet, but if you have already achieved a goal, you should definitely celebrate your success! Also, keep track of your failures. Perhaps you set a date for a goal and didn’t reach it. You want to learn from your mistakes, figure out what held you back from reaching your target and strive to achieve what you didn’t reach. Hopefully, you can fix/reach the goal before the end of the year.
- Re-evaluate your goals, it’s “Crunch Time.” When the end of the year approaches, you may be in slump about your goals, or may have just forgotten about them. We want you to re-vamp your goals! Remember how excited you were at the beginning of the year. Remember that you gave yourself these goals and YOU ARE GOING TO ACHIEVE THEM before 2013. Keep yourself motivated and remain focused! Everyone knows things change throughout the year. If you have to add/take away goals, do so. Remember, you don’t want to take away anything that is attainable.
- Let’s Stay Devoted and Committed. Stay devoted to what you are trying to reach. Make your goals that have not been met a priority. If you’re anything like us, it is easy to get busy and side-tracked with your regular job requirements. Things will come up that you did not have planned and you will have to complete immediately. However, you are still committed to reaching the goals you made at the beginning of the year. Make sure you set aside specific time for the things that need to be done to achieve your goals. Keep devoting/committing that time until you have your task completed. Guess what? Your almost there! Picture your success! Soon you will have everything accomplished.
Kristen Burgess, Client Services Rep., and Shandi Maddox, Marketing Assistant of Controlled Release Technologies, Inc., a research, development and manufacturing firm based in Shelby, North Carolina. CRT is an IFMA CSP, an EnergyStar Partner and manufacturer of independently-certified Green products for HVAC maintenance. Since 1986, CRT has been creating leading edge HVAC maintenance products that have become industry standards, used in thousands of commercial buildings world-wide. CRT employees are members of BOMA, ASHRAE, ASHE and the American Chemical Society. www.cleanac.com